Welcome to the Markle Foundation's E-Mail for All Internet Discussion      [Home] [Themes] [Comments]

EMFA: Welcome from Markle Foundation

- - E-Mail for All - - - EMFA-EVENT - - - Universal Access - -

Welcome to the Markle Foundation's E-Mail for All online event:

Universal Access Conversation
Building a Networked Nation on the Global Internet

We are delighted that you are joining us for this two week
event.  As of today we have approximately 550 people signed up
from more than 30 countries.  The value of this event will most
certainly come from the participant audience and the thoughts
and stories you present.

E-MAIL FOR ALL is the outreach component of the Markle
Foundation's research and programs that are exploring the
political, economic, and social dimensions related to universal
access to e-mail and the Internet.  EMFA is designed to promote
a national dialogue on universal access to e-mail and the
Internet and supports our research at RAND, Bellcore, the
Brookings Institution, and Carnegie Mellon University.  For
information on our mission and programs, please visit the Markle
Foundation's main web site: http://www.markle.org

I look forward to learning along with you as this conference
unfolds.  Watch for instructions on how to submit essays and
content during the event and together we can create a useful
experience and a lasting online resource.

Sincerely,

Zoë Baird
President
Markle Foundation
 Markle Foundation's E-Mail for All Universal Access Event
 WWW/Un/Subscribe Info: http://www.iaginteractive.com/emfa
 EMFA-EVENT posts may be forwarded via e-mail, for details
 on other uses or for general comments:  emfa@publicus.net